13 January 2007

Problems with Comments

Some readers have reported difficulties in posting comments. They write comments which then vaporize into cyberspace--when they click on "Post This Comment"--rather than get recorded on the blog.

I suspect the reason is that recently I moved this blog over to the beta version of a new blog platform that Google is offering (or, since Dec 21, 2006, the "new Blogger", no longer beta), and that the script for the Recent Comments feature in the sidebar, which I had added (from Blogger Hacks) to the original blog template, is no longer working correctly as a result.

Until I find a fix, may I suggest that you post comments by clicking on the Comments line at the end of the relevant posts (rather than clicking on the sidebar), and that you also save a back up copy of something that you've crafted, just in case?

0 comments: